Let’s Get It Started
Updated: Apr 24, 2019
Jackie and Sidney, the Adventurous Dynamic Duo. We would like to share with you how we started an adventurous fun-filled life. Get yourself a “Bucket-List.” We did, and this is how it all happened.
We were on our second date, a day at the lake. First, of course, we had an awesome lunch together, then we headed to the lake. While sitting there getting to know each other better, we were mesmerized by the tranquil bluest-green body of water, right in front of us. It was just what we needed to get our brains to open up and explore. We started sharing places we had both gone and how we are both in a place in our lives, where we want to live life to the fullest. As we shared our stories, we realized we had a lot in common. We went on to start calling out places we both wanted to go and activities we would love to experience. Sidney, the easy going romantic guy, says, “let’s start a bucket-list.” Jackie, the published author, pulls out her iPhone and commence to start typing a list, right then and there. Our bucket list isn't your typical bucket list, where it captures places and experiences to see and or do, before we die. Ours is a list that captures things we want to experience so that we are living an intentional life, full of fun, charting unknown places, facing our fears, and seeing God's miracles at work. For example, experiencing one of God’s great wonders (the Grand Canyon) and/or going to a Prayer and Praise Conference. Here is a snapshot of our Bucket-List
1. Grand Canyon
2. Nigeria Falls-Toronto
3. Alaskan Cruise
4. Milwaukee Boating Excursion
5. Family Prayer & Praise Conference Milwaukee
6. Las Vegas/Hoover Dam/Arizona
7. Cancun Mexico
8. Myrtle Beach
9. New York/Shop/Broadway Play/Casino
10. Tennessee Mountain-cabin/Whitewater Rafting/Horseback Riding
11. Washington DC-Museum/Cherry Blossom Festival
12. Porsche Museum in ATL
13. Panama City, FL
14. Destiny, FL
15. Montana-Glacier National Park Seattle/Mt St Helen/Portland/Fisherman’s Wharf Mount Hood-Timberline Lodge Snow Mobiling, Slay Ride, Snow Shoeing/Crater Lake/ National Park/Vancouver British Columbia, etc.
16. Savanna GA
18. Hernando Florida-weekend with Jackie’s best friend
19. Pacific Coast/California vineyards/Route One/Rent Convertible Car 7 days at least, Drive the famous coastline
20. Go to Holy land in Orlando FL
22. Mega bus trip
23. Church Visits
24. Zip lining/Boating/Canoeing/Biking/Hiking
26. Working out together
27. Go to a Dam
29. Shooting range
31. Fly in a helicopter
42. City Christmas lights - viewing from car
33. Spend a day in a Spa
34. Go to Pro Basketball/Football/Baseball game
36. Atlantic Station
37. Jazz Festival-Jazz club
38. Jet skiing
39. Lake Lanier
40. Stone Mountain/Laser show/snow tubing
41. Mt. Paran Church - Christmas Show - ATL
42. City Christmas lights - viewing from inside car
43. Date with friends from each other’s church
44. Snorkeling/scuba diving
45. Fly in hot-air balloon
46. Dinner Downtown top of Hyatt
47. RV-travel within United States
49. New Orleans
50. Purchase five bedroom house with basement, large-large-closets, debt free, 3 car garage, 500,000 or more....
51. Hilton Head
54. Yellow Stone National Park
55. Mission Trip
56. Hawaii - Maui
57. Ferris Wheel/Downtown Atanta
58. Kentucky Noah’s Ark
63. Ride Scooters
64. Miami, Florida
65. Clearwater, Florida
66. Tampa, Florida
67. Both retire by or before 60
68. Purchase Spider Motorcycle
69. Porsche Sedan Car - Paid in full 2019
70. Speaking around the world
71. Books sold around the world
72. Santorini, Greece
83. Paint and Sip
84. Cape Cod
86. Dominican Republic
88. Costa Rica
89. Give and serve for our Lord's Kingdom
90. Next Year Super Bowl - Atlanta 2019
93. GA new stores
94. Titanic Museum
95. Pigeon Fort Tennessee
96. St. James Live Jazz - Atlanta
97. Cummins Fall State Park - Tennessee
98. Dolly Wood - Pigeon Fort Tennessee
99. Pounce Market Place/ Downtown ATL
100. Go Karting
101. Ride ATVs
102. Sky Dive
103. Red Mountain Top-look out-dam etc. - TN
104. Maine/Vermont/Connecticut during Fall time
105. New England/ Boston
106. Lake Tahoe
You can see our list is all over the place. As we complete various activities and trips, we check them off, but we don't remove them; this way, we can see our accomplishments. We, also, continually add to our list. Man alive, living life intentional, is so much fun!
It doesn’t matter if you are a millennial, mid-age, or a seasoned senior citizen. Having a bucket list is a must - have. When we created our list, we didn’t know if or how the activity would happen, or how we would afford it; but we trusted God.
The Bible says, "Write it down and make it plain." Praise His Holy Name! He is making it happen for us. The book, “More of You God” on January 6, reads, “Father impart Your wisdom and guide me on this adventure.” “I want to ride with you Lord.”
The Adventurous Dynamic Dual is riding with the God of Gods and the Lord of Lords. He owns it all; there is nothing impossible for our God.
1. Do not limit yourself with your list.
2. If both people haven’t experienced an activity, put it on the list. It’s ALL about the experience of sharing it together.
3. Remember, one trip can include many activities off of your list. You can always add or subtract from your list.
4. Try to find great deals to make it fun, so it doesn’t overwhelm you financially.
5. Share with others, let’s all have fun.
6. After you complete an activity, check it, but do not remove it. It’s exciting to see how you have evolved into an adventurous life.
7. Put God first in your life, HE will give you life more abundantly.
Alright, until next time...Glad you stopped in on the journey. More fun and adventures to come.
Please share with us your activities, so we can possibly add to our bucket list what you're planning to do on our list too.
Adventurous Dynamic Dual,
Jackie & Sidney
To Purchase the book “More of You God,” click on the link: